Pre-conference Workshop 2 (PM)
IS2014 workshop production has begun
Dates have been confirmed for IS2014 | 18-20 March 2014, London.
Watch this space for more information on IS2014 including more information on workshop 1, due to be announced later in the year.
Title: Objective & Subjective Camera Image Quality Benchmarking: A discussion of methods and protocols featuring DxOMark Mobile
This course will enable you to:
- Identify defects that degrade image quality in natural images and which component of the camera (optics, sensor, processing) should/could be improved for better image quality
- Build up an image quality lab and master measurement protocols
- Judge the overall image quality of a camera
- Evaluate the impact of various output use cases on overall image quality
- Compare the image quality of a set of cameras
- Define subjective test plans and protocols
- Set up benchmarking protocols for different use cases.
Why people attended
As markets for image sensors grow and explore new applications, the operating conditions are becoming ever more challenging. Combined with differing imaging requirements, designing effective devices can be a complicated task. Only thorough testing and optimisation can ensure that the sensor is up to the task, and sophisticated processing is needed to ensure consistent performance.
This workshop will cover the basic parameters of sensor performance, but will also give an in depth update on the latest techniques, technologies and processes available for those wanting to ensure they have the best understanding of image sensor performance. Attendees will leave with an increased understanding of what it takes to optimise their image sensor system.